SUSTAINABILITY – OUR AMBITION
Our purpose: Inventing eco-responsible local services that always make everyday life a little bit easier
In a rapidly changing post-Covid world, and with the challenges of climate change, we all need to react and adapt.
Employees, customers, partners and investors want companies to get involved and demonstrate their value to society. We are aware of our responsibilities and we are determined to meet these new challenges.
By establishing a holistic CSR strategy that involves all our businesses, our aim is for the ME Group to be carbon neutral by 2040. Our approach will address the requirements of our markets, our shareholders, our employees and all other stakeholders.
We are committed to aligning our CSR-related actions across our organisation to accelerate delivery of our CSR goals.
OUR SOCIAL COMMITMENT:
Build the ME Group’s success on the strengths of our people
- Enhance our employer brand
- Attract and retain the best global talent
- Strengthen employee engagement
- Help employees develop the skills required to progress
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL FOOTPRINT:
Enhance our focus on the protection of natural resources
- Take actions that mitigate climate change
- Continue supporting the circular economy
- Preserve natural resources such as energy and water
- Achieve carbon neutrality by 2040
OUR RESPONSIBILITY TOWARDS SOCIETY:
Engage with our local ecosystems
- Deepen trust with our customers and users
- Enhance local impact and regional development
- Listen to customer expectations
- Take an inclusive approach
We conducted our materiality analysis in line with the expectations of corporate social responsibility (CSR). We are developing a CSR dialogue with our internal and external stakeholders and integrating CSR into ME Group’s evolving business strategy.
This matrix summarises the company’s main economic, environmental and social challenges in relation to its short- and long-term ambitions and the expectations of its key stakeholders. We completed the matrix by conducting more than 30 individual interviews to gain insights into the context of our activity as well as the risks, opportunities and challenges that ME Group faces. The results were validated by ME Group’s Executive Committee. This approach allowed us to identify 25 issues classified into five strategic areas: operational innovation ; strategy and development; services and clients; HR and employees; and CSR.
- Pride of belonging / Recognition
- Internal communication
- B2B Optimization
- Sustainability of the 1D and Photo range
- CSR process
- Brand awareness
- Customer satisfaction
- Global digital transition
- Strength of the network of technicians
- HR policy / Collaborative management
- Carbon footprint
- Training policy
- Corporate brand launch
- Attractiveness of the employer brand
- Circular economy
- Increased flow of consumers
- Success of the food range
- Growth of the laundry range
- Key accounts coordination
- Cloud operating system
- Product optimisation
- Financial performance
- International development